SysKid indeed offers a fruitful and stimulating environment for young researchers, with all the opportunities of cross-discipline activities in translational clinical research. We congratulate Merel Hellemons (University Medical Center Groningen) for obtaining her doctor degree!
“Merel Hellemons (Alkmaar, 1985) studied medicine in Groningen. She conducted her research at the departments of Clinical Pharmacology and Nephrology at the University Medical Center Groningen.. Her PhD thesis was conducted within the SysKid consortium financed by the EU.
Merel’s work out of SysKid:
1) ME Hellemons, J Kerschbaum, SJL Bakker et.al. Validity of biomarkers predicting onset or progression of nephropathy in patients wity type 2 diabetes: a systematic review. Diabetic Medicine 2012 29(5):567-77
2) ME Hellemons, M Mazagova, RT Gansevoort Growth Differentation Factor-15 predicts worsening of albuminuria in patients with type 2 diabetes Diabetes Care 2012 (In Press)
3) ME Hellemons, HJ Lambers Heerspink, RT Gansevoort High sensitivity troponin predicts worsening of albuminuria in Hypertension: Results of a Nested Case-Control study with confirmation in Diabetes: Journal of Hypertension provisionally accepted for publication
4) ME Hellemons, F Persson, SJL Bakker et.al. Initial ARB induced decrease in albuminuria is associated with long term renal outcome in type 2 diabetic patients with microalbuminuria: a Post-hoc analysis of the IRMA-2 trial Diabetes Care 2011 34(9) 2078-83
5) ME Hellemons, P Denig, D de Zeeuw et.al. Albuminuria screening and treatment in type 2 diabetes in primary care: Observational study of the GIANTT cohort. Submitted